4.09.2010

the ultimate party!

Ultimate Blog Party 2010
If you're not sure what this is all about...it's a blog party hosted by the sweet gals over at 5 minutes for mom. Check out their site for all the fun details.

Hello and welcome to my blog! If this is your first time here, let the party begin! Here's a little info about me.
My name is Leanne. I am a Colorado native. I grew up in the city, but have been living in the beautiful mountains of Colorado ever since I graduated from college. I am a second grade teacher and I absolutely love my job! I am so blessed to work in a wonderful school (the only school) in our small town.


I have been married for almost 6 years to an amazing husband. He is my best friend, my encourager, and a wonderful daddy. We have a 10 month old son, Mason, who keeps us very busy. He brings so much joy to our lives every day.






My husband and I love the outdoors! We love to hike, fish, camp, four-wheel (we have an '85 4-runner...our baby:), and snowshoe. I've hiked several 14ers (moutains above 14, 000 ft, for those of you who aren't from around here) and have plans in the works for a couple more this summer. We have 2 dogs who love to go on our adventures too. Our bloodhound, Daisy, is better at laying in the sun by the lake or river while we fish and finding random items on camping trips, and Java, our black lab/mutt, is my hiking partner!











We love to garden and are always looking to be more self-sustaining. I have plenty of hobbies...basically I love anything with paper, yarn, or fabric. I enjoy scrapbooking, cardmaking, knitting/crocheting, sewing, and learning new things. I have a small etsy shop.




I love to bake and cook for my family. I have a slight obsession with cookbooks and trying every single recipe in them. I haven't made my way through an entire book yet (it doesn't help that I keep adding to my collection,) but it's fun. I am into clean eating. We grind our own wheat and make all of our bread. I treasure our meal times together, especially after a day of work.

Most of all, I love my Lord and Savior and strive to live my life for Him. At times it can be hard to balance everything: work, mommy-hood, family, things I enjoy, etc. But I find that by putting Christ first, it all gets a little bit easier. Thanks for visiting.

20 comments:

Angie said...

Just stopping by from the UBP 2010. It very nice to meet you! You have a lovely blog!
Have a great day!

http://angieshealthylivingblog.blogspot.com/

Dee Birks said...

Your dogs are so handsome. I also like scrapbooking and any craft that involves paper. I have a ton of cookbooks, as well, I keep telling myself I'm going to cook all the way through one but I can't decide which one and then I buy another and complicate the whole thing.

It was nice meeting you. Enjoy the UBP!

Cindy @ This Adventure, Our Life said...

Mason is adorable! I have been wanting to get a bread maker! Happy UBP10!

Feel free to stop by our adventure!
http://aguilarfamilyadventures.blogspot.com/2010/04/blog-party-2010-join-in-with-our.html

Kim said...

Following your blog! I would so love to be more self-sustaining. My plan for this year is to become more "green" in every aspect I can! Thanks for stopping by my blog from UBP! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

great pics! It must be awesome to live in the mountains. Hope you are enjoying the party!

Unknown said...

Leanne,
Thank you for stopping by my blog and commenting! I saw your other web site and I LOVE your stamp creations! I always enjoy finding cute blogs and yours is one of them

Happy UBP 2010
Have a wonderful weekend!

http://mytickles.blogspot.com/

Carrie said...

Your little boy is a cutie-patootie! ;)

My sister teaches 2nd grade - she says it is her favorite age!

Enjoy the party!

Chicagolandia said...

Your pictures are amazing! I'm visiting from UBP!

Anonymous said...

Mason is such a cutie! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

aimymichelle said...

hey nice to meet you i'm now follower of your blog

Michelle Murphy said...

I love your pictures! I'm a big outdoors fan too :)
I've always wanted to hike the 14ers, but haven't had a chance to yet.

Catherine @ A Spirited Mind said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog for UBP. I can relate to the challenge of keeping balance, and agree that it's easier when you keep Christ first. It's very nice to meet you!

joeandbridge said...

Hi there! Just popping in from the UBP to be your newest Google Follower! Hooray! Hope you had a great weekend and have a great week! Swing by my blog when you get a chance!

Bridgette Groschen
The Groschen Goblins
www.groschengoblins.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for the nice comment on our blog! I'm your neighbor over here in Utah (although I'm a transplant from back East)

Love your blog so far & look forward to getting to read more. Especially your cooking & gardening posts...I'm a bit obsessed with those too. :)

Unknown said...

I-N-S-A-N-E-L-Y jealous that you have a bloodhound!!! I have always wanted on- they're the cutest dogs on the planet. It's nice to meet you and I hope you're having a fantastic week! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Anonymous said...

Belatedly returning your visit. :) You have a cute family, dogs included! :)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Beautiful colors in your blog and I love your header....will be back...

This is such a fun party and I have already met some of the greatest bloggers... I am sad it is about to end. I am amazed at all the different and creative blogs. Stop by for a visit...just leave a comment on any of the last few posts on either blog and you are eligible for the GRAND PRIZE $100 GIFT BASKET! I am going to draw Friday night.....
http://teresa-grammygirlfriend.blogspot.com/
http://grammyababychangeseverything.blogspot.com/

Evelyn said...

I envy you and your adventures!

Jenn said...

What a cute pic of your bloodhound and son!! Love it!

Hope you are having fun at the UBP!

Jenni ("Miss Tutu")
My UBP blog post: How to Make a Tutu blog - hope you will stop by, say hi, and grab a free tutu making lesson! :) and Mom Blogger $100 Cash Contest

Anonymous said...

Checkin' in from UBP! Can't wait to read more of your blog!