7.12.2011

travels

We've done a little bit of traveling this summer. About a month ago we headed off to a family weekend in Glenwood Springs. I don't think I've laughed so hard in a long time! I get to see my sister and my cousins quite a bit, but there is just something about going on a trip together! We got to see my other aunt and uncle, cousins, and my papa.

We had an ongoing water fight...so we spent lots of time "drying" off in the sun.
We also spent lots of time lounging in the hammock.






We went to the Strawberry Days Festival while we were there as well. But, mostly we hung out as a family. It was pretty sweet.


Then a few weeks later I headed off to New York for my friend Anita's wedding. There were five of us girls that went: me, emma, a friend from school and her two grandaughters. We had quite the adventure. We got lost numerous times and barely made it to the wedding on time. We also went to Niagra Falls, Hamlin Beach, and picked strawberries and cherries. We also had just about the best burger and buffalo wings that I've ever had.

It was a whirlwind trip, but I'm so glad I got to share in the celebration of my friends.
Emma was a great traveler. We spent many hours on an airplane and saw four different airports (lots of layovers!) but she just took it all in as she usually does.

The wedding was at a family pond and it was just beautiful! The next day we went back for brunch and to help clean up. We also did a little paddle-boating. This reminded me of a cabin on a lake that my family went to every summer when we were growing up. Back then paddling a paddle boat seemed so hard! It's funny how your perspective changes.





I also got to meet up with an old friend, kim, from my junior high and high school days. I haven't seen her since my wedding over 7 years ago. She was only three hours away so we met at Hamlin Beach and spent the afternoon and evening together. My goodness, it was so fun to get together. We laughed, talked about motherhood, watched the kids play, remembered funny stories from long ago, and laughed some more. I'm so glad it worked out to see her.



That's a quick recap of our latest adventures. I am so blessed by my friends and family!

No comments: