7.13.2011

comanche lake

On Monday Ryan and I headed out on our first hike together in over a year. We hit the trail to Comanche Lake. It was 11 miles roundtrip. It felt so good to get out and do some hiking. I'm not gonna lie though...my legs are still sore:) It was a beautiful day (we made it home long before the afternoon rain showers) and a beautiful hike. There were wildflowers all along the trail. The lake was so peaceful. We stopped and had lunch there before heading back down. I tried a new recipe for homemade granola bars, but I found them to be too sweet. So I'm still on the lookout for the perfect bar.

There were many places where we stopped to enjoy the views. We could even see town a couple times through all the trees. We saw a couple marmots (I totally lost a bet too...I thought it was pikas that were nicknamed whistle pigs but it turns out that it is marmots..so ryan got the backrub!) I love those little creatures. We always see them when we get above treeline...our little hiking companions that let us know we're almost there. About the time my legs start to feel like jello.



It was the perfect way to start the day, hiking with Ryan in such a beautiful setting.



No comments: