9.26.2010

family and friends

The last few weekends have been full of good times with family and friends. It started 3 weekends ago when my sister and her husband surprised us with a visit. We went to the football game, I fed them BLT's and we stayed up way too late playing games.

Then last weekend my best friend mindy and her sweet family (and dog:) came for a visit. The little ones napped and we ate egg salad sandwiches. Then we went to the park. So much fun! I wish I had remembered my camera. Olivia was army crawling all over the grass. Java was chasing the frisbee. Mason was chasing the frisbee (after he pulled his usual stunt of screaming in the swing...I don't know why he doesn't like it). Then we all went and got ice cream. We had green chili and sopapillas for dinner and a mad game of pictionary. Did I mention that Ryan and I made a huge comeback and won the game? I see a rematch in the near future though.

That brings us to this weekend. Homecoming weekend in our little town. On Friday our friends Tim and Megan stopped by with little Brenden. It was fun watching him and Mason play. They are two months apart. Oh, and I fed them BLT's.
Is he playing with MY toys?
Isn't he a cutie?

I'm not sure what's going on here, but I'm glad he never dropped that truck:)

Then on Saturday Lacy came over for breakfast, which was a real treat since she's in college now. We had some really great conversations. I love that girl. It was just what I needed.

Next stop: the football game. Go Bobcats! They pulled off a great win. The weather was beautiful. I enjoyed hanging with Mason and my cousins at the game. Then we headed into the gym to watch Karly's volleyball game. Another win.

Today started off with a beautiful morning and a long walk. Just me and Java. It was a great time to slow down and think. I realized (again) how thankful I am for each of these relationships.

On another note: I can't stop eating BLT's or egg salad. We've been making bread like crazy.

No comments: