11.25.2009

pumpkin pecan pancakes




These pancakes are wonderful! If you can't get enough pumpkin, like me, then you know what I'm talking about. I love baking with pumpkin this time of the year. As I write this, I have pumpkin coffee cake baking in the oven. I'm trying a recipe from my sweet sister-in-law, Caroline. Either way, you should make something pumpkin for a yummy breakfast treat.






Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes
(adapted from Pumpkin Pecan Pancakes on allrecipes.com)

1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1/2 c. 7 grain cereal (uncooked)
1/3 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
dash nutmeg
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
1 c. milk
1 c. pureed pumpkin
3/4 c. plain yogurt (or sour cream)
2 tsp. vanilla
3/4 c. chopped pecans
Mix dry ingredients. In another bowl, mix the wet ingredients. Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and mix. Add the pecans. Make pancakes:)
Whipped Topping
(adapted from allrecipes.com)
1 c. whipping cream
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
3/4 tsp. vanilla
Mix together until stiff peaks form. Top pancakes and sprinkle with nutmeg or cinnamon.

No comments: