12.03.2009

I love you, dad

I've been thinking about this post for the last week and I really just feel like I need to write it before I can move on and post about something happy. My dad passed away last Saturday, after a battle with cancer. I feel like I have a big hole in my life, where my dad used to be. It doesn't even seem real, and I don't even know what to write. Except that God is good. Even in tragedy, He is good. I am thankful that my dad is no longer suffering. I am thankful that since everything happened so quickly at the end, and I couldn't be with my dad, that I was already together with my mom, sister, and the rest of our family. What a support to gather with them in prayer. I am thankful that I took Mason to visit him a few weeks ago. And I am thankful that God is unchanging in a world that is constantly changing. He is my Rock and my Comforter. I miss you dad.

6 comments:

Jean H. said...

Thinking of you...my father passed away, young, 11 years ago and not a day goes by that I don't miss him, but it does get easier.

Anonymous said...

Oh Leanne, my heart is breaking for you. I'm so sorry to hear about your dad, I wish I was close enough to give you a hug. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers!!!

Erin said...

Leanne, my heart breaks for you and your family. That is great that you were able to take Mason out to see him recently. Those will be good memories I hope.

Anonymous said...

I miss Dad so much too, it is so hard to imagine what a better place he is in now, but I know he is there. I am thankful for the great trip we had when he got to meet his first grandson! That memory will never be forgotten. I wish there could be many more. I hope we have a good trip this time, too. It will be a lot harder, but I am thankful we will be together.I love you!

Elizabeth *^..^* said...

My heart goes out to you. Such a difficult thing to deal with. I hope the wonderful loving memories help you through the grieving process.

Mindy said...

"Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows." - 2 Cor. 1:3-5

Your joy in Christ shines through your sorrow, friend. You are a strong mom, daughter, and woman, and I love you lots.