6.22.2012

rooted & established


This week I found myself enjoying a morning with Emma all to myself.  The boys had headed into the big town to run some errands.  

 We spent most of the time outside with my sunshine-loving girl.  We pulled weeds and fed them to the chickens.  I'm not really a fan of pulling weeds (who is?) but I love being productive and being outside.  Some of those weeds  were really stubborn.  You know the ones that you pull really hard but just the green top comes off?  Then you have to dig around with a shovel or screwdriver and loosen up the roots.  And even then it can be a little difficult.  I encountered a few of those on my morning with Emma.  I think I spent a good five minutes tackling one such weed. 
Then it occured to me...isn't this how we're supposed to be?  Rooted and established? 

"...I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have the power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ"     ~Ephesians 3:17,18

"So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness."      ~Colossians 2:7

So rooted and established in the love of Him that nothing of this world can pull us out.