11.20.2011

weekend notes

Ryan and Grandpa spent most of the weeknd working on this:With lots of help from their number one fan:Emma spent most of the weekend rolling around on the floor, pulling herself up (twice!) and popping up on all fours. She hasn't moved forward yet, but she sure is getting ready. I think she enjoyed playing by herself while Mason was outside helping the guys. No one was in her face, stealing her toys, or copying her every move. I spent most of the weekend cleaning and baking. And staying up way too late making cards with friends. I think I may have found a new favorite dinner roll recipe and it involves pumpkin and cloves. Mason and I made a huge batch of hot cocoa mix and Emma has mastered the finger foods....pieces of bread, rice, cheese, banana and avacodo. She chomps down pretty good for still being toothless.

Church was great today. I enjoyed both the message and the Thanksgiving meal we shared afterwards. Mason couldn't get enough turkey dipped in cranberry sauce and I think he talked four different people into sharing their dessert with him. I am so thankful for the friends we have to gather with each week.


I'm looking forward to a short week of school and finishing up some Christmas projects (we're celebrating with some extended family during Thanksgiving, so the clock is ticking!). We have two meals to look forward to at the end of the week, first with Ryan's family and then with mine. I can't stop looking through my cookbooks and making final decisions about what to prepare. I really enjoy our weekends of working on projects together, eating meals together, and playing with our sweet kids. I feel so blessed.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

Aw, cute. Can't wait to hear about how your Christmas projects turn out!