3.12.2011

nephew

Our new little nephew is here! Jackson was born last weekend and we were able to go visit him. It's hard to believe he is already over a week old.

There was a little confusion when we arrived at the hospital to visit them. I walked in carrying mason and we made our way to the map, trying to figure out where maternity was without looking completely clueless. We couldn't find it on the map and this nice looking older lady at the information desk was watching us so we headed her way. She asked how she could help. We told her we were trying to find maternity. Then she started freaking out. "Oh my goodness! Are you ready to go up now??" she frantically asked me. I started cracking up and explained that we were actually here to visit someone. Yeah, I hope when I go to the hospital and am about to give birth that we just casually walk in, me carrying mason, smiling like we don't have a care in the world.

We finally made it to my sister's room. It was awesome to see their new little family. My little sister is a mom. And Jackson was just as precious as could be. A true blessing.Mason wasn't so sure about his new cousin. Especially when I was holding him. He kept saying "no baby, no baby." He really has no idea what's coming:) He did eventually warm up to him and gave the official inspection: pointing to all his facial features...nose, eyes, cheeks, ears, chin, and hair (which he has a ton of!). Uncle Ryan! When ryan wasn't distracting mason so I could hold the little bundle of joy, he was getting his baby time in. We both forgot how little and scrunchie they are.

Congratulations sister! You have a beautiful baby boy and we love our little nephew so much!

2 comments:

Mindy said...

So cute! It'll be fun to toss a little girl cousin into the mix very soon ;) :D

Kati's Keepsake said...

I am so glad Jackson listened and was born in tome for you to come visit! He misses his aunt, unce and cousins! Love you!