2.07.2011

cold

It's been cold and snowy around here. I think I've had my fair share of driving in it. I headed out on Wednesday afternoon to a reading conference in Denver. This is by far the best reading conference available and I try to go every year, plus I get to see my mom. I was not disappointed. I came back with several new ideas for my classroom and renewed energy for the rest of the year (ok, the rest of my time until baby girl is here!) Mason got to spend some time with Nana and he had a blast painting, reading, coloring, and playing with all the toys at Nana's house. We didn't head home until Saturday. Let me just mention that with all this driving (and the slower pace due to the weather...) I am in love with books on tape. I "read" one and a half books during this trip and am almost done with the second one just driving around town back at home.

Besides the conference, the highlight of the trip was a scrapbooking night with my bf, mindy. We met at Archiver's for one of their crops. I haven't stayed up until 11:00 scrapbooking in a long time, but with mindy the time just flew by. Just another reason I wish we lived closer...so thankful for her friendship.

Mason loves this weather. Everytime he looks outside he says "brrrrr" and shakes his body. I don't know how many times he repeats the word "snow" in one day. He is so good about bundling up and heading out. Plus, he's just too cute in that hat (thanks mindy!)

1 comment:

Kasia i SÅ‚awek said...

I like also snow, but now we are looking for sping. The are first snowdrops in my garden.Greetings!