6.11.2010

salted peanut cookies

Chocolate chips. And peanuts. Lots and lots of them. After I had creamed the butter and sugar for these babies I realized that it makes 10 dozen. I love cookies, but 10 dozen? The good thing is I'm sending them with Ryan tomorrow. He's going fishing with a couple friends. They will need lots of cookies. I didn't want to disappoint. And these cookies didn't. I've never had a cookie before with peanuts in them, but it works. Especially paired with chocolate chips. Salted Peanut Cookies
from Taste of Home: Cookies and Bars

1 1/2 c. shortening
1 c. sugar
1 c. packed brown sugar
3 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
3 3/4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 c. salted peanuts

In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugars. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate chips and peanuts. Drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. 10 dozen.

Coming soon....NYC pictures!!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made these cookies yesterday!!! :) YUM!!!