1.17.2009

his holy name

I am taking part in a challenge over at Patter's blog called His Holy Name. Every other week for the entire year she is going to post one of the names of God for us to study. Then we are to choose a scripture that we like and make a project. I am going to make a 6x6 album. I'm looking foward to studying the names of God and creating a little book for our coffee table. The first word is holy. I have been studying it for the past week and a half and am really enjoying it. Holy means set apart, sacred, divine. We are called to be holy just as He is holy.

About my page....I had the whole thing layed out and it just seemed to be missing something so I decided to stitch around the edges. Now I have never stitched on paper before so don't look too closely. After a couple practice runs I just went for it:) I think I am going to use kraft paper for all my pages to sort of tie them together. I like the look of the kraft with one other color. Tomorrow she will be giving us the second word. There is still time to join in if you would like to take this word study journey with me.

Have a happy day! I'm looking forward to knitting with a friend and enjoying some venison chili! After I clean my house of course.

2 comments:

Carisa said...

hey that is an interesting challenge! i will look forward to seeing all your pages - the first is beautiful! i've never stitched on a page either and i just saw this really cool mini sewing maching at walmart for $50 - it's definately on my wish list! LOL

Mindy said...

Hey friend, what a cute idea. A fun book to flip through as you're looking out your window--your views are amazing of God's creation. :) I just might like to join in on this one!