12.28.2008

holiday shortbread

I had a craving for some shortbread to go with my morning tea. I had never made it before, but with only five ingredients, it couldn't be easier! Here is the recipe if you are in need of a sweet treat!

PS--these are Daisy tested and approved! Yup, I went into the other room and came back to a mess of crumbs. Luckily I only had cut a few to put on the tray and the rest were still in the pan.



Holiday Shortbread



5 cups flour

1 cup sugar

1/2 tsp. salt

2 cups cold butter

chopped nuts (optional)



In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, and salt. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Pat into an ungreased 15x10x2 pan. Prick with a fork. Top with nuts if desired.



Bake at 325 for 35 minutes or until center is set. Cool and cut into squares.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Thanks for the shortbread recipe..
Goimg to try it and see if it's Dad approval..
Seems pretty simple.
drop a line sometimes..
my e-mail Maryanne7718@yahoo.com.
God Bless you and the family in the new year too.. Maryanne