11.26.2008

bag o' bags




Well, I finally did it! I actually used my sewing machine to make something. Now, this might not seem like a big deal to most of you, but I am a little intimidated by the whole sewing thing. I have attempted to make curtains twice in the past and although they actually turned out, both projects ended with me in tears and a broken machine. Yep, first I borrowed my mother-in-law's machine to make curtains for our first house and somehow broke it. Tears. It was fixable and she was very understanding. Then in our second house I borrowed my mom's machine to make curtains (why I was trying this again I'm not sure!). I also broke that one and my mom was trying to troubleshoot with me over the phone...more tears. I decided that this whole sewing thing, while it looked like a lot of fun, was not for me. So, last Christmas (yes, almost a year ago) by mom, sister, and best friend took pity on me and bought me a new, easy-to-use, fully equipped with an owner's manual sewing machine. It's taken me awhile to use it. It's been sitting on my shelf looking pretty and taunting me. I feel pretty good about making something so functional. Now all my grocery bags have a home hanging in our pantry. Even though I try to use my cloth bags whenever I can, we still seem to end up with an overflowing pile of bags. We usually reuse them to line our small trashcans. Well, thanks for listening to all my rambling. I might even try to sew on a card while I still have some thread on that little bobbin thingy:)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know where the heck I've been, but I am loving your most recent creations. And congrats on the successful sewing endeavor.

Mindy said...

So cute Leez! I love the ribbon/button detail. Way to begin your sewing adventures!